The Ohio Hispanic Coalition offers a 24-hour Interpreter Training which covers the following topics:
- Introductions and Goals of Training
- Terminology, Modes of Interpreting and Roles of Interpreting
- Goals of Interpreting
- Basic Interpreter Standards
- Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Appropriate Behavior / Professional Conduct
- Interpreter Role and Personal Limitations
If you are interested in participating in our next Interpreter Training check out the Events/Calendar page under “Get Involved”.
Are you a provider? We also offer training on how to work with an interpreter and how to work with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) individuals. Call (614) 880-2624 for more information about provider training.